Subject: To OCPs for Influenza and NFPs for Information: Influenza virus characterisation data report for season 40/2023-33/2024
From: "ECDC respiratory viruses" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "ECDC Info" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2024 16:11:43 +0300

Tähelepanu! Tegemist on väljastpoolt asutust saabunud kirjaga. Tundmatu 
saatja korral palume linke ja faile mitte avada.

To:        Operational Contact Points for Influenza (epidemiology and 
microbiology) and National Focal Points for Viral Respiratory Diseases
Cc:       National Coordinators

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to share with you the attached Influenza virus 
characterisation data reported to TESSy for weeks 40/2023 to 33/2024 report, 
which was submitted to the WHO Consultation on the Composition of Influenza 
Virus Vaccines for the use in the 2025 southern hemisphere influenza season.

Please also find attached the phylogenetic trees as separate scalable .svg 
files. The report and trees have been uploaded to the 
<https://extranet.ecdc.europa.eu/EISN/Shared%20Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?FolderCTID=0x01200057FC69ED12563A46B0351B6131A8A671&id=%2FEISN%2FShared%20Documents%2FInfluenza%20virology%20season%20documents%2FSeason%202023-2024%2F2025%20SH%20VCM%20report%20Sep%202024> 
Extranet.

We would like to thank the TESSy/EpiPulse and GISAID data contributors, the 
report drafting team and those of you who kindly agreed to review the report 
with a very short deadline!

And last but not least, we would like to thank all of you for reporting your 
virus characterisation and detection data, all your efforts and the good 
collaboration during the 2023-2024 season!
We look forward to continuing our work together with you.

Kind regards,

The ECDC and WHO/Europe Influenza teams

Confidentiality Notice
If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby kindly 
requested, to, consecutively, refrain from disclosing its content to any 
third party, delete it and inform its sender of the erroneous transmittal.

Classified as ECDC NORMAL